We then had gollopse (not sure about the spelling) which is basically a meatball made with ground meat and rice wrapped in cabbage, with a sweet red sauce. Yum, it was so tasty! Here again is Marc eating and enjoying his mission memories, and excited that he can still speak Russian fluently!
The last and final course was blini, or a crepe with tvorog, which is a type of cheese. Marc says the cheese isn't very good, but we had strawberry and chocolate mixed in ours and it was so good! I could eat it all the time! Here is Marc showing off on of his favorite treats!
The tvorog help fill our friend Steve's April part of his New Year's resolution to eat a new food, we were glad we could help him, and spend time with their family. As we were leaving Marc saw this dog in a car and couldn't help but take a picture, I'm posting it just for him!
Saturday between sessions of conference we made a huge traditional conference breakfast of homemade cinnamon rolls, breakfast casserole, and fruit. We invited Steve and Christine to come over and help us eat it. We watched Ratatouille while we ate. I took this cute picture of Belle cuddling Marc on the couch watching her movie.
We had a great weekend! Thanks Steve and Christine for hanging out with us and letting us watch your cute girls!
1 comment:
I've always wanted to try that place! That's awesome that they let you in after hours. Way to have the luck! I slept all through all the sessions this weekend (terrible cold, I'm not that bad of a person haha!) so my conference food was rocky road ice cream and chicken noodle soup. Haha, it works...
Post a Comment