Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Fruit Pizza!

Every Sunday Marc and I have been having dinner with my family. This last week, I offered to bring the dessert. My mom told me that the missionaries were coming so I needed to plan a little extra. I had a hard time deciding what to make. I wanted to make something a little on the healthy side, but still a tasty treat. I settled on fruit pizza. It was so delicious! I haven't made it on a couple of years, but I would eat it all the time if I could! For those of you that have never made it, here is the simple recipe for you to try!

Fruit Pizza
Crust: Sugar Cookie
Your favorite sugar cookie recipe, or a pre-made sugar cookie dough to save time

Sauce
8oz package of cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
vanilla to taste

Bake the cookie dough on a pizza pan or cookie sheet. Mix all ingredients together for the sauce until creamy. Spread over cookie. Top with your favorite fruit. We used a peach, kiwi, strawberries, and blackberries.

Here are some pictures of how our turned out. I must say this is a tasty summer treat, and if you put enough fruit, it can be kind of healthy! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Brittany Gain said...

I MISS YOUR FRUIT PIZZZZZA!!! and your face!

The Pritchard Party said...

I love that recipe. It's the Pampered Chef recipe and it's so delicious! I also like it when people who make fruite pizza just DUMP all the fruit so it's heaping instead of trying to make a pretty design :) It's yummier that way.

Jen and Tyson said...

mmmmm yummy! that looks so good! i am so going to make it! did you see the recipe i posted on my blog about banana cupcakes? you should check it out - and make them - they are SO good!

oh and btw,your watermelon cookies - so dang cute!
you do such an amazing job with all your fun treats! i look at this site ...tastespotting.com just click on the pictures you like and it directs you to the "blog" or "site" that has the recipe. I LOVE this site! I really think you'd like it. :)

hope you are doing great!!! :)