I am not really sure when this tradition started, I was pretty young though because it seems like it was always how we did stuff. My mom started a tradition during General Conference, I am sure as a way to get us awake to watch the Sunday sessions. Every Saturday night of Conference weekend my mom starts making our delicious conference breakfast! She makes a breakfast egg casserole that sits in the fridge overnight. Then in the morning before the first session she starts to work on her amazing homemade cinnamon rolls! Everything is usually ready to eat after the end of the first session. It is a favorite meal of all the family, because it only happens twice a year! The General Conference times that I spent up at school were not quite the same without the yummy food to top off the spiritual weekend. I am big on traditions and want to have a lot for our family. So, our first conference after we were married, I attempted my hand at the fun Sunday breakfast. I don't have a bread machine to make the dough in, so I was stuck doing it the old fashioned way, I didn't realize how long it would take to make the cinnamon rolls by hand, and they were done way later than they should have been. I also put an air tight lid on the egg casserole so it didn't rise like it should have. Well, I learned my mistakes and this time around we had a FABULOUS breakfast to complement the spirit. The casserole turned out perfect and was ready just as the first session started. The cinnamon rolls took a lot of work again, but we were prepared. We even got a little creative and made one pan with dried cranberries and almonds in them. We were so proud of how much better they turned out this time, we took pictures!
Here is a close up before it went into the oven. Marc was so proud of his rolling skill when we started cutting them, I have to admit, he did a great job! Oh, and if you are wondering, there is whipping cream on the bottom of the pan, it helps the rolls to taste extra delicious!

Here is the finished product! We only got one picture before the camera died, but they were delicious and ready to eat at the beginning of the last session! Too bad they were so good and warm, because of that we had a hard time keeping our eyes opened, but it was a great treat to have after the rain we had all weekend!
4 comments:
Wow! Those look tasty! I often make cinnamon rolls for conference, but they do not usually turn out as good. What a fun tradition.
Yum! Those look good! Ya my mom always makes homemade cinnamon rolls for Christmas and they are the best! Pilsbury's just not the same!
Good job! They looks so good That I think I will have to go to cinnabon while Brian is doing homework tonight! Thanks for contributing to my utter fattness! Miss ya,
Katelyn
Those look yummy! Thats a great tradition for conference! Love Ya!
Marissa
Post a Comment