This last monday for Family Home Evening Marc and I decided to carve pumpkins. We went to Brolium's, an Idaho grocery chain, because they were selling them by the pound, and not a flat price. All the smaller ones were gone, I guess it was a popular night to carve! We ended up getting two that in total weighed about 50 pounds, but we spent less than $10! We covered the table in newspaper and started. Marc does not like pulling the "guts" out so he did his best! The pumpkins were huge! It took forever to hallow them out and carve them, not to mention the fact that our good knives are in Arizona, so we were using some pretty dull ones! We had fun though, Marc made a pretty big mess, I am thinking when we have kids, the pumpkin carving will take place outside!
Here we are preparing our creative thoughts, or to cut up the pumpkins...

Here are our pumpkins when we were through!


Happy Halloween!!!
2 comments:
Very nice! My roommate and I made Bert and Ernie...but we don't have any pictures. Hopefully someone in the ward does though because we took them to the ward party and we won first place....of course :)
Talk about HUGE pumpkins. When you carve a pumpkin, you CARVE a PUMPKIN!
Post a Comment