
My dad e-mailed me this picture today and I love it! The Mesa Temple is really special to me because my grandparents, my parents, Marc's parents, and Marc and I were all sealed here! My grandma currently has the real picture, but this one was taken by my Great Grand Father Grant William Magelby! My clever Aunt Becky sent it to a local news station and asked if they could date it based on the fact that the Temple was completed in 1927. This picture was taken in 1937! My cousin and grandma sent it to the church and it can now be found at www.ldschurchtemples.com/mesa/gallery/download.php?id=3686 You can find pictures from many different temples, and download them. Can I just say, I love the temple!
I forgot to mention, Yes, there is snow on the temple, that is how we determined the date, it hasn't snowed that much in Mesa in a LONG time!
3 comments:
I love this pic too. I am thinking of getting a big copy for my family room. Wouldn't that be cool?
BTW, Bama has the flu really bad and could use a bit of cheering up. Maybe you could give her a quick call tomorrow? I stopped by with soup this evening. Joseph is out of town, as is Jan. We will check on her again in person again tomorrow--she should be on the mend by then.
That is awesome! I love finding old pictures like that!
I think that this picture may be hanging on the wall in the visitor center! I just looked at a picture that looked a lot like this one there! That would be awesome if it really is this one!
Post a Comment