Sunday Marc really wanted to make me breakfast, but we have 9 o'clock church and didn't have much time to eat. When we got home we watched a movie, rested, and ate roast and potatoes. That is about when I started getting antsy! My brother is serving a mission for our church in Madagascar. Every Mother's Day and Christmas he gets to call and talk to us.

Thanks to modern technology, we were all able to be on our cell phones through Skype. My dad had us all ready to go and tried calling my brother, once, call failed, twice, call failed, third times a charm right, call failed. My dad ended up calling his last area and getting the right number from the missionaries there. It worked. It was 10:30 pm in Idaho, 9:30 pm in Arizona, and 7 am Monday in Madagascar. It is also winter there! We had so much fun talking to him. We called my grandma in Arizona and my Grandpa in Colorado and had 8 people all on at once without any problems! Once we had all asked our questions Elder Livingston's mini companion (he is preparing to serve his mission, so he serves a 3 month mini mission to help him prepare), wanted to talk. He is from Madagascar and has learned English from my brother. He was excited to try speaking to Americans. I think that the 6 other people and the delay scared him because he said hello, then again in Malagasy, then gave the phone back! It was so fun to talk to him. We talked for about 2 hours at christmas and it cost less than $1! I love my family so much! We realized that next Mother's day will be a great one, my first home in 5 years, Caleb will be home from his mission, Marc and I will be living there, and my youngest brother will be getting ready to graduate high school, and my sister will be finishing middle school! It will be so nice to have our family all together again! We can't wait!
3 comments:
Bama was so excited for the phone call! I am so glad it went well and was affordable too.
BTW, we will likely be stopping to see you in Idaho on June 15th. I will give you more details later, but our reservations in West Yellowstone are for that night.
You played killer bunnies??! Oh my goodness Melissa! That's my favorite game? Who are your friends that have it? My friends who have it have all moved away. I miss the game!
Bunny Killers!!! :D Leave my bunny alone, I have the Halo bunny.
Post a Comment