I started getting ready Sunday night by putting a dry rub on the ribs we were having for his birthday dinner and baking the cake so it would be cool and ready to decorate Monday morning. When he came home at 11:30, I had only put the cookies and creme mousse in between the layers of his cake! I was pretty behind, I wanted the cake to be completely done. When he came home, we ate lunch and finished polishing his resume so he could get it sent out. Then I had him help me make the frosting for the cake. I used a box for the cake, but made the frosting from scratch. it was a chocolate butter cream frosting. We didn't have bakers chocolate, so when we bought it at the store this weekend I let Marc pick it out. If you know his love of dark chocolate, it wouldn't surprise you that he picked one with 100% Cacao! We made the frosting and it was delicious! Marc left for class, and that is when things got crazy. I had to frost and decorate the cake, put up decorations, wrap his present, write in his card, and get dinner started all in an hour! I had ordered his presents online and only one had come. I was a little stressed, but it worked out. I worked right up until he opened the door! Here is what he came home to!
He was surprised I had decorated so much! He wasn't expecting anything!
Here is a before dinner shot, he was ready for those ribs!
Here is the after dinner shot, he was so full, I had to take another picture and make him smile so he didn't look sick. I wish there was some sauce on his face though!
After dinner we were so full! We went and rented a movie, then came home and ate cake. Here is what the cake looked like. I crushed Oreos in a food processor and used them for the decoration.
Here is Marc with the cake. I wanted to use candles, but forgot. Marc didn't care, he didn't want them anyway!
Marc says he had a good birthday, so I will believe him! We can't wait for to be with our families on our next birthdays!
3 comments:
happy birthday marc! the ribs look so yummy....you are a nice wife to put in all that effort, if it was me we would have spent the night at texas road house.
Hey Melissa! Thanks for you comment. It is always fun hearing form you! You are such a good wife! I don't think I've ever done that much for my hubby!!! Miss you girl!
Very fun! I love the cake. Very well done! He looks much happier after dinner, good job Wifey!
Post a Comment